IT’S BACK!!! Stephenson County Farm Bureau is sponsoring a photo contest to capture the essence of life in Stephenson County. The contest is open to all Stephenson County amateur photographers and you need not be a Farm Bureau member. Pictures should depict scenes reflective of life in Stephenson County, and any subject is worthy of consideration (farm scenes, kids, animals, sunrise/sunset, sports, weather, etc.). Guidelines for the contest are as follows:
- Pictures must be in digital format as a .jpg or .gif file or as an 5X7 print. E-mail your pictures to [email protected] or mail/deliver them to Stephenson County Farm Bureau, 210 W. Spring Street, Freeport IL 61032. Be sure to include complete contact information (photographer’s name, address, email, and contact phone number) and picture identification. Pictures will not be returned. There is a maximum of 5 entries per person.
- Entries must be received in the Farm Bureau office by Wednesday, July 1st at 4:30 p.m.
- Top 20 entries will be selected and displayed for public voting at the Stephenson County Farm Bureau building July 8 through July 17. Voters will indicate their three favorite pictures, and the top ten (10) entries based on vote totals will be declared as the winners.
- No more than one (1) entry from any participant may be selected as one of the 10 winners as determined by public voting, and no more than two (2) entries from any participant will be included in the 20 finalists presented for public voting (unless insufficient entry numbers prevent this from happening). This will ensure broader inclusion and recognition of our many talented area photographers.
- The top 10 winners (as determined by public voting) will each receive a $20 Farm & Fleet gift card and the top vote getter will receive $50 cash, second place $40, and third place $30. Winners will be announced on August 3, and one voter’s name will be drawn to win a $25 gift card.
- The top 10 winners will be displayed individually in the hallway of the Farm Bureau building for the next year.
- For each valid vote cast in the contest, Stephenson County Farm Bureau will donate $1 to the United Way of Northwest Illinois.