Join our team: The Stephenson County Farm Bureau is currently accepting applications for our Summer Program Assistant. Summer Program Assistant will assist with Farm Bureau activities at the Stephenson County Ag Breakfast, Stephenson County Fair , assist with office operations, building management responsibilities. An agricultural background or working knowledge of agriculture is helpful but not required. Applications are due to the Farm Bureau office by January 2, 2020. To apply download link below.
Summer Program Assistant Responsibilities
- Solicit new vendors for Membership Value Program and make any needed contacts with existing partners
- Assist with planning and coordination of SCFB activities at Stephenson County Ag Breakfast on Saturday June 20
- Assist with planning and operation of “Farm Fun Zone” (SCFB tent) and other activities at Stephenson County Fair (tentatively set for July 21-25)
- Assist with planning and coordination of Summer Ag Institute
- Assist with Ag-in-the-Classroom activities with CAP Foundation Education Coordinator as needed
- Assist with planning and coordination of Young Leaders activities
- Work with social media and mainstream media development and outreach
- Assist with planning and coordination of other programs and activities as designated
- Attend meetings as specified by SCFB manager, including intern workshop at IFB home office in June
- Assist with office operations, building management responsibilities, and other duties as assigned
- Compensation will be salary based on schedule, with standard payroll deductions (gross estimated to be minimum of $2300). Gross compensation will be based on the designated employment period, with additional compensation adjusted for days worked. Checks will be issued on or near the 15th and last business days each month. Scheduling flexibility will allow for outside obligations and occasional scheduled vacation days. Preferred start date would be Tuesday June 1 and end date will likely be August 14 (depending on school schedules).
- A $1,000 scholarship will be presented to the Summer Program Assistant after successful completion of the internship and providing a reflection to the Board of Directors. This scholarship will be made payable to the school the recipient is attending.
- Summer Program Assistant will be provided with an office, computer and business cards and will be reimbursed for business travel expenses (excluding travel to and from office). Farm Bureau apparel will also be supplied for use at specific events. Typical office attire is business casual (casual on Fridays and as authorized). Applicant must have own vehicle, auto liability insurance, and valid driver’s license.
- Normal business hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; hours will vary depending on schedule.
- An agricultural background or working knowledge is helpful but not required.
- Applicants should have completed at least one year of college.
- Applicant needs to be a good communicator, able to work independently or collaboratively, and comfortable working in public settings dealing with people of all ages.
- Applicants will be interviewed by SCFB manager at a mutually agreed upon time.