IT’S BACK!!! Stephenson County Farm Bureau is sponsoring a photo contest to capture the essence of life in Stephenson County. The contest is open to all Stephenson County amateur photographers and you need not be a Farm Bureau member. Pictures should depict scenes reflective of life in Stephenson County, and any subject is worthy of consideration (farm scenes, kids, animals, sunrise/sunset, sports, weather, etc.). Guidelines for the contest are as follows:
- Pictures must be in digital format as a .jpg or .gif file or as an 8x10 print. E-mail your pictures to [email protected] or mail/deliver them to Stephenson County Farm Bureau, 210 W. Spring Street, Freeport IL 61032. Be sure to include complete contact information and picture identification. Pictures will not be returned. There is a maximum of 5 entries per person.
- Entries must be received in the Farm Bureau office by Tuesday, June 18th at 4:30 p.m.
- Top 25 entries will be selected and displayed for public voting at the Stephenson County Ag Breakfast on Saturday June 22 and again at the Stephenson County Fair July 9-13 in the “Farm Fun Zone” tent (open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.). Voting will also take place in the Farm Bureau building from June 24-July 8. Voters will indicate their three favorite pictures, and the top twelve (12) entries based on vote totals will be declared as the winners.
- No more than one (1) entry from any participant may be selected as one of the 12 winners as determined by public voting, and no more than two (2) entries from any participant will be included in the 25 finalists presented for public voting (unless insufficient entry numbers prevent this from happening). This will ensure broader inclusion and recognition of our many talented area photographers.
- The top 12 winners (as determined by public voting) will each receive a $20 Farm & Fleet gift card and the top vote getter will receive $50 cash, second place $40, and third place $30. Winners will be determined on Wednesday, July 17th, and one voter’s name will be drawn to win a $25 gift card.
- The top 12 winners will be displayed individually in the hallway of the Farm Bureau building for the next year.
- For each valid vote cast in the contest, Stephenson County Farm Bureau will donate $1 to the United Way of Northwest Illinois.
Questions? Call (815) 232-3186