You are invited! The Farm Bureau and the agriculture community in Stephenson County have several very exciting events coming up and we want you to be part of the fun. I would like to personally invite you to the Ag Breakfast on June 22 from 6:00a.m.-10:00a.m. at the Stephenson County Fairgrounds. This delicious $5 breakfast includes sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, cheese, coffee cake, milk, coffee and ice cream; yes, ice cream for breakfast! This one of a kind event has something for the whole family. Skip the ticket line by purchasing tickets ahead of time at the Stephenson County Farm Bureau at 210 West Spring Street, Freeport.
Space still available: Cellphone Tips and Tricks classes coming soon! Stephenson County Farm Bureau will be partnering with US Cellular to host two Cellphone Tips and Tricks classes. Both classes will be offered on June 13. The first class being for beginner cellphone users will start at 10:00a.m. and last for one hour. The intermediate class will begin at 11:30a.m. and last until 12:30p.m. Both classes will take place at the Stephenson County Farm Bureau building, 210 West Spring Street, Freeport. These classes require registration and seating is limited. To register please call 815-232-3186
Stephenson County Ag Breakfast Blood Drive: On Saturday, June 22nd, from 6:30a.m.-11:30a.m. the Stephenson County Farm Bureau and Rock River Valley Blood Center will host a Blood Drive. To schedule an appointment, contact the Farm Bureau at 815-232-3186. All donors will receive a free breakfast! First time donors will receive a season pass to the Stephenson County Fair! Appointments are preferred. Walk-Ins welcome! Please bring a valid ID and drink plenty of fluids before donating. Please contact 815-232-3186 with questions.
Dairy Days Parade Entry Forms Now available: This year’s Dairy Day parade will take place on Sunday, June 23, at 1:00p.m. To enter your business, club or organization, please pick up an entry form at the Farm Bureau office(210 W Spring Street, Freeport) or download it from our website www.stephensoncfb.org. Call our office with questions 815-232-3186. Parade entry is free.
Photo Contest Deadline quickly approaching Stephenson County Farm Bureau is sponsoring a photo contest to capture the essence of life in Stephenson County. The contest is open to all Stephenson County amateur photographers and you need not be a Farm Bureau member. Pictures should depict scenes reflective of life in Stephenson County, and any subject is worthy of consideration (farm scenes, kids, animals, sunrise/sunset, sports, weather, etc.). Guidelines for the contest are as follows:
- Pictures must be in digital format as a .jpg or .gif file or as an 8x10 print. E-mail your pictures to [email protected] or mail/deliver them to Stephenson County Farm Bureau, 210 W. Spring Street, Freeport IL 61032. Be sure to include complete contact information and picture identification. Pictures will not be returned. There is a maximum of 5 entries per person.
- Entries must be received in the Farm Bureau office by Tuesday, June 18th at 4:30 p.m.
- Top 25 entries will be selected and displayed for public voting at the Stephenson County Ag Breakfast on Saturday June 22 and again at the Stephenson County Fair July 9-13 in the “Farm Fun Zone” tent (open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.). Voting will also take place in the Farm Bureau building from June 24-July 8. Voters will indicate their three favorite pictures, and the top twelve (12) entries based on vote totals will be declared as the winners.
- No more than one (1) entry from any participant may be selected as one of the 12 winners as determined by public voting, and no more than two (2) entries from any participant will be included in the 25 finalists presented for public voting (unless insufficient entry numbers prevent this from happening). This will ensure broader inclusion and recognition of our many talented area photographers.
- The top 12 winners (as determined by public voting) will each receive a $20 Farm & Fleet gift card and the top vote getter will receive $50 cash, second place $40, and third place $30. Winners will be determined on Wednesday, July 17th, and one voter’s name will be drawn to win a $25 gift card.
- The top 12 winners will be displayed individually in the hallway of the Farm Bureau building for the next year.
Calling all Antique Tractor Drivers: This year Stephenson County Farm Bureau will not be hosting our Annual Tractor Drive. Instead, to showcase the tractors that have participated in our tractor drive previously, we would like to try something different. This year we are inviting those who would like to show off their tractors to participate in one of three ways. The first option is to participate in the Dairy Day parade and in a tractor show at Union Dairy. The other options are to participate in only the parade portion or only the tractor show portion. The Dairy Day parade will take place on June 23 at 1:00p.m. in downtown Freeport. The Tractor show will begin at 2:00p.m. but tractors may be parked prior to the start of the parade. Visit our website www.stephensoncfb.org to print a registration form, call 815-232-3186 to have one sent to you.